- All students must complete a TC Application and the on-line orientation prior to taking their assessment exam.
- Note: Students will not be allowed to take their assessment exam if the application and orientation process is not complete.
- All assessment tests are on a walk in basis (during regular business hours).
- Students must have a valid picture ID and their student ID number (A-number) to test.
- The exam generally takes 1 ½ to 3 hours to complete. Please allow ample time test.
- Results are given back immediately.
- Once the exam is completed students are directed to counseling to schedule an appointment with a counselor and or new student orientation.
Practice For Exam: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students/prepare-for-accuplacer
- It is strongly recommended you practice for this exam prior to taking the placement test.
- The official link above will help you get prepared for the exam.
- The study app is free. You will need to create an account to gain access to the practice exams.
- The exams administered at the Testing Center are: Elementary Algebra, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills and Write Placer. Please study these before you test.
The following categories of students are exempt from participation in orientation, placement, advising and follow‐up components of the matriculation program.
- Students who plan to enroll in five units or fewer and who have declared one of the following goals
- Advance in current career/job
- Maintain certificates/license
- Personal/educational development
- Complete credits for high school diploma
- Students who have completed 60 or more units or who have graduated from an accredited U.S. college or university with an associate degree or higher. B.
- Students who are enrolled full time at another institution (high school or college) and will be taking five units or fewer (Excluding English and Math courses).
- Students who have previously been assessed (within the last two years) and have written Verification of scores from an assessment instrument off the Chancellor’s approved list of Instruments. (Exempt from placement testing only).
- Students transferring from another regionally accredited post secondary institution with credit for degree‐level English and/or mathematics. (Exempt from placement testing only).
For more information please contact the Testing Center at 661.763.7783 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org